The activities of the Birmingham Food Council is overseen by a Board of Directors, one of whom being an independent Chair. We also have a Panel of Experts representing different research disciplines and professional fields relevant to our activities.Read More
Project Skill: Advice & Support
The project is also a catalyst for helping individuals by supporting them through other issues such as debt and housing matters, helping break the long-term cycle of poverty, isolation, deprivation, lack of opportunity, poor diet and health problems.Read More
13 million people live below the poverty line in the UK. Our foodbank provides a minimum of 3 days emergency food and support to local people in crisis. We are one of over 400 foodbanks providing emergency food to people in crisis nationwide.Read More
Our mission is simple. It’s “to give our members a brighter financial future by providing ethical, honest and fair community banking”.We do this by using our members’ savings to fund loans to our other members at fair and reasonable interest rates.Read More
Find Services Here
Sign Me Up!
- UK's official rough sleeping numbers 'far lower than reality'
- Abdul Momen obituary
- Push review – searing study of the global housing crisis
- Building new homes on land prone to flooding 'making damage worse'
- Combustible cladding: protesters call on Boris Johnson to end crisis
- Nicholas Burton: ‘I only want to get to the truth about the Grenfell Tower fire’
- Health inequalities are widening and society is fractured. Here’s a solution | David Brindle
- Leadership skills come in black too – even if most 'inclusive' boards can't see it