Christian charity Church Action on Poverty has encouraged local communities and churches to start food pantries as a long-term solution to tackling food poverty in their area.Read More
Every week a group of people gather at the lorry park in Dorset. It’s both a social occasion – time for a chat and a catch-up – and for business, too. And their business is simple. They are collecting food. 4.5 tonnes in June alone.Read More
Rising demand for food banks in Birmingham is a ‘stain’ on the city, according to councillors. The declaration came as Birmingham City Council’s Labour group backed a motion supporting the #BrumFeeds campaign.Read More
End Child Poverty has published new figures (January 2018) on the level of child poverty in each constituency, local authority and ward in the United Kingdom. The figures reveal the wide disparity in poverty rates across the UK.Read More
Refugees are ending up homeless within days of being granted asylum, claims a new report. Research by No Accommodation Network (NACCOM) suggests that more than one in four homeless people are refugees.Read More
Lendwithcare brings together entrepreneurs in developing countries with people with the power to help them – people like you. It is a revolutionary way to help people in the developing world to transform their lives.Read More
Find Services Here
Sign Me Up!
- The rise of social supermarkets: 'It's not about selling cheap food, but building strong communities'
- Counter culture: my life growing up in a corner shop
- Goodbye to Gomorrah: the end of Italy's most notorious housing estate
- 'The jobs aren't there': why graduates are leaving northern towns
- David Severn's best photograph: men hunting rabbits for beer