Deprivation is robbing people of years of good health from their 30s onwards, driving people out of work and reinforcing poverty as they head towards retirement age. A report by Richard Vize.Read More
Thousands of desperate parents are being forced to use “baby banks” to feed and clothe their children. Even working mums and dads, struggling to make ends meet, are turning to charities which operate the same way as food banks.Read More
The government’s expert adviser on social security has said the next phase in the rollout of universal credit could push thousands of claimants into hardship or even out of the benefits system altogether.Read More
This is our periodic update on latest listings added to the Find Food Banks Brum website. Our listings of food banks, charity shops, eating places, support services and more continues to grow.Read More
Although the UK is the seventh richest country in the world, it is also deeply unequal, and millions of families are living below the breadline, Demand for emergency food aid has risen astronomically in the past few years.Read More
A Councillor from Portsmouth took on the FoodCycle Holiday Hunger Challenge, and writes about her families experience. Do you want to challenge yourself to take part in the Holiday Hunger Challenge? Get in touch!Read More
Find Services Here
Sign Me Up!
- The rise of social supermarkets: 'It's not about selling cheap food, but building strong communities'
- Counter culture: my life growing up in a corner shop
- Goodbye to Gomorrah: the end of Italy's most notorious housing estate
- 'The jobs aren't there': why graduates are leaving northern towns
- David Severn's best photograph: men hunting rabbits for beer