More than 41,000 West Midlanders relied on emergency supplies from food banks this year – triple the amount who asked for help in the previous 12 months. Katy Hallam visited a Birmingham charity which blames benefit cuts for the extra demands.Read More
Use of facilities set up by church-based groups the Little Brothers of the Good Shepherd and The Well has increased dramatically this year – with both groups calling on the public for donations of food parcels.Read More
Find Services Here
Sign Me Up!
- The rise of social supermarkets: 'It's not about selling cheap food, but building strong communities'
- Counter culture: my life growing up in a corner shop
- Goodbye to Gomorrah: the end of Italy's most notorious housing estate
- 'The jobs aren't there': why graduates are leaving northern towns
- David Severn's best photograph: men hunting rabbits for beer