This is our periodic update on latest listings added to the Find Food Banks Brum website. Our listings of food banks, charity shops, eating places, support services and more continues to grow.Read More
Since 2017 IFAN has been working to identify independent food banks outside of the Trussell Trust network. Results from this research revealed 651 independent food banks operating across Britain in 2017.Read More
The government is to spend more than £400m to support poor children and families in England, following a campaign by footballer Marcus Rashford, funding from the beginning of December until the end of March.Read More
Boris Johnson says he wants Christmas to be ‘as normal as possible’ – but with England plunging into full lockdown, what will that actually mean? While it’s far too early to say, we look at how things are shaping up.Read More
On 24 March, UK allotment holders woke to a different world. Lockdown added new challenges but also new rewards. Many found new solace, sanctuary and community spirit over the course of the summer.Read More
England’s deputy chief medical officer has said the rise in coronavirus cases is of great concern – that people had “relaxed too much” over the summer, urging young people in particular to stick to physical distancing rules.Read More
Sign Me Up!
- Labour must re-establish itself as the party of the many | Letters
- When Covid is over, what buildings do we actually want to see in Britain's cities? | Owen Hatherley
- Warning over mental health effects of floods in the UK
- ‘Is it OK to eat during online mass?’: how the faithful handle lockdown
- Did you live on Barking's Becontree estate?