Thousands of desperate parents are being forced to use “baby banks” to feed and clothe their children. Even working mums and dads, struggling to make ends meet, are turning to charities which operate the same way as food banks.Read More
The government’s expert adviser on social security has said the next phase in the rollout of universal credit could push thousands of claimants into hardship or even out of the benefits system altogether.Read More
This is our periodic update on latest listings added to the Find Food Banks Brum website. Our listings of food banks, charity shops, eating places, support services and more continues to grow.Read More
Although the UK is the seventh richest country in the world, it is also deeply unequal, and millions of families are living below the breadline, Demand for emergency food aid has risen astronomically in the past few years.Read More
A Councillor from Portsmouth took on the FoodCycle Holiday Hunger Challenge, and writes about her families experience. Do you want to challenge yourself to take part in the Holiday Hunger Challenge? Get in touch!Read More
Christian charity Church Action on Poverty has encouraged local communities and churches to start food pantries as a long-term solution to tackling food poverty in their area.Read More
Find Services Here
Sign Me Up!
- Britain's worst landlord to take nine years to pay off string of fines
- 'I had guns pulled on me' – Penny Woolcock on filming with gangs
- Taskforce warns of risk to children from 'county lines' gangs
- Why prescribing playlists for people with dementia is on the money | Ann Robinson
- Can local walking groups help solve urban issues?