Food bank demand soared by more than 50 per cent during the coronavirus pandemic – and staff are braced for another rise this winter. The biggest spike was in April during the height of the pandemic.
Find Services Here
Sign Me Up!
- Lisa Nandy: ‘I want Gove to succeed, for the sake of left-behind places’
- How the murder of a Swedish rapper shocked a nation and put police on the back foot
- Abuse, intimidation, death threats: the vicious backlash facing former vegans
- Storm Arwen fallout: soldiers arrive to help Scottish communities
- The Guardian view on Britain’s renters: neglected and cash-strapped | Editorial
- Voluntary work is vital to maintain the fabric of society | Letter
- 1,500 unhoused LA residents died on the streets during pandemic, report reveals
- ‘It was terminal’: the decay and demolition of a Leeds landmark – in pictures