A photo taken by the Liverpool Echo emerged in February that showed a skeletal Stephen Smith sitting in a hospital gown, his spine protruding from his six-stone frame. He had just had his disability benefits stopped.Read More
Author: FindFood Admin
Young people are joining actor and Children’s Future Food Inquiry ambassador Dame Emma Thompson at the Westminster launch of the inquiry’s final report, which calls for urgent political action on child food insecurity.Read More
In 2018-2019, the Trussell Trust’s food bank network distributed 1.6 million three-day emergency food supplies to people in crisis, a 19% increase on the previous year. More than half a million of these went to children.Read More
PM May must take action to ensure food shortages and inflation in event of a no-deal Brexit do not affect vulnerable people, major charities have said.Read More
Since February 2017, the Independent Food Aid Network’s Sabine Goodwin has been working to identify independent food banks providing food parcels outside of the Trussell Trust network throughout the UK.Read More
This is our periodic update on latest listings added to the Find Food Banks Brum website. Our listings of food banks, charity shops, eating places, support services and more continues to grow.Read More
Find Services Here
Sign Me Up!
- The remote Northumberland village that asked the world to help save its beloved pub
- Too little has been done since the Grenfell Tower fire | Letters
- Calypso bus conductors and acrobatic drug dealers: a bird's-eye view of 90s north London
- 'Scallies with matching coldsores'? It's time to stop sneering at northern towns
- Factcheck: is Labour responsible for the rise in homelessness?
- Grenfell survivors tell party leaders safety delays will cost lives
- The homeless death statistics are shocking – but the true total may be even higher
- When Clive Dalrymple died homeless, he left his paintings. Do they hold clues to his death?