As the constitutional battle intensifies, public services are becoming collateral damage. The Brexit frenzy, combined with preparations for a general election, has torpedoed any semblance of financial stability.Read More
Author: FindFood Admin
Food bank manager, Chris Hardy, works with more than 30 volunteers to provide support to people in crisis in Sheffield. He tells Maryam Qaiser why cuts and austerity have left people unable to feed themselves.Read More
To celebrate this year’s National Allotments Week, we [The Guardian] asked you to share pictures and stories of the bounty from your precious plots, many of which are run by local councils.Read More
This is our periodic update on latest listings added to the Find Food Banks Brum website. Our listings of food banks, charity shops, eating places, support services and more continues to grow.Read More
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll know there is a housing crisis – and even if you have been, your rent has probably gone up. Despite house prices having fallen slightly, housing continues to devour outrageous amounts of income.Read More
On 15 May, the Government started making it harder for couples to claim Pension Credit and Parkinson’s UK estimate it could impact on hundreds of people with Parkinson’s. Many will see a loss of around £7,300 a year.Read More
Find Services Here
Sign Me Up!
- The remote Northumberland village that asked the world to help save its beloved pub
- Too little has been done since the Grenfell Tower fire | Letters
- Calypso bus conductors and acrobatic drug dealers: a bird's-eye view of 90s north London
- 'Scallies with matching coldsores'? It's time to stop sneering at northern towns
- Factcheck: is Labour responsible for the rise in homelessness?
- Grenfell survivors tell party leaders safety delays will cost lives
- The homeless death statistics are shocking – but the true total may be even higher
- When Clive Dalrymple died homeless, he left his paintings. Do they hold clues to his death?