This is our periodic update on latest listings added to the Find Food Banks Brum website. Our listings of food banks, charity shops, eating places, support services and more continues to grow.Read More
Author: FindFood Admin
The British Liver Trust welcomes plans for a new opt-out system for organ donation in England. The plans, expected to come into effect in spring 2020, will mean consent for organ donation is presumed unless a person has opted-out.Read More
The number of homeless children has hit a 13-year high in what Labour brand the “national shame” of a decade of Tory rule. Some 127,370 children were stuck in temporary accommodation between April and June – the most since spring 2006.Read More
Human Rights Watch have released a new investigative report which says that tens of thousands of families in England have been left without enough food to eat, apparently because of Government welfare cuts.Read More
“It’s not easy for someone to ask for help and it’s not easy for someone to say ‘I can’t feed myself’.” Those are the words of one worker at a food bank in Essex. She sees people walk in every day in a desperate situation.Read More
As the constitutional battle intensifies, public services are becoming collateral damage. The Brexit frenzy, combined with preparations for a general election, has torpedoed any semblance of financial stability.Read More
Find Services Here
Sign Me Up!
- Homes in London high-rises left 'wet and cold' after cladding removed
- UK citizens' climate assembly to meet for first time
- 'People are fearful': New Zealand police admit gang violence is out of control
- Grenfell: owners of blocks with dangerous cladding to be named
- Serious design flaws in many housing estates, report claims
- Plan to repopulate Scottish island of Ulva begins with ... a herd of cattle
- Piccadilly Gardens: can Manchester's 'unsafe' city centre be transformed?
- EU's funding for UK's poorest areas 'must be matched after Brexit'